A parent’s love for his/her child knows no boundaries. Parents act in a way they think is for the best interest of the child even if that means bringing the child out of Singapore, for a holiday or for good.
Local laws entail that the consent of the other parent has to be given first in order to remove a child from of Singapore. Failure to do so could amount to child abduction. Our International Divorce Lawyers can assist in obtaining a court order to prevent a parent from removing a child from Singapore.
Even with a Court Order, our clients share with us their fears of their spouse removing their child from Singapore. These are valid fears and we understand that time is of the essence in such situations.
In this article, we will be sharing steps to be taken to prevent the removal of a child.
1. Sign and submit to Court two (2) documents: –
- An Undertaking; and
- The Court Order.
- These documents can be submitted via a system known as ‘E-litigation’.
- When in doubt, our Specialist Divorce Lawyers can assist in the administrative procedure to ensure an expedient process to give you a peace of mind.
2. Send the above mentioned documents in 1(a) and (b) to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (“ICA”) through email.
- These documents have to be sent to the relevant ICA email address and during the ICA’s working hours.
- When in doubt, please do not hesitate to contact our Singapore Divorce Lawyers who can provide further assistance to ensure a speedy and efficient process for your ease of mind.
Compliance with the above mentioned requirements in 1 and 2 is very important. Failure to comply may result in the ICA not providing the necessary assistance.
Our Specialist International Divorce Lawyers can help to ensure that the entire process of preventing child removal is seamless and speedy as possible to help them feel more secure.